19 / Jun / 2023
21 / Jun / 2023
Workshop on Laboratory Astrophysics
Laboratory Astrophysics is showing a rapid growth in the overlap between common areas of interest in laser plasma physics and astrophysics. With the new generation of ultra-high power lasers new opportunities to explore plasma instabilities, shocks, and particle acceleration has emerged.
By bringing together experts in areas where there exists a clear potential for future collaborations, this (first) workshop at ELI Beamlines aims to enhance the collaboration between astrophysicists, plasma physicists, and experimentalists.
29 / Aug / 2023
01 / Sep / 2023
ELI Summer School 2023
The 8th edition of the ELI Summer School series aims to provide young scientists with a comprehensive overview of the generation and application of intense laser pulses and laser-driven particle and radiation sources. Last year, more than 300 students from 29 countries followed the scientific programme of ELISS in front of the screens - and this time, the pandemic situation allows us to finally meet in person again.
Main topics include:
- High-power ultrafast lasers
- Generation of bright coherent and incoherent X-ray pulses using short pulse lasers
- Free electron lasers from IR to x-rays
- Ultrafast imaging techniques with short x-ray pulses
- Function and applications of short x-ray pulses (including synchronizations)
- Particle acceleration by lasers and applications: proton therapy
- Physics of dense plasmas and warm dense matter, laboratory astrophysics
- Ultra-intense laser matter interaction
- Nuclear physics with high-intensity lasers
- Femtoscience: applications in biology, chemistry and solid-state physics
- Generation of attosecond pulses: Attoscience photonics